Monday, April 13, 2009

Eschew Obfuscation, Espouse Elucidation.

In all of my earlier posts, i had first thought about what to write and only in the end i had zeroed in on the title.

This one's gonna break the sequence.

I've first come up with this title - "Eschew Obfuscation, Espouse Elucidation." and the post is gonna be about how i hit upon it ... :D

If you are not in the mood to get irritated, be forewarned and shoo off! :P

Here i am, writing this, cuz i'm telling myself i need to post more frequently ...
I actually absented myself from college today cuz of oversleeping. :D

Around noon, i was surfing around aimlessly in Twitter , visiting a lot of profiles ...
When i returned back to my home page, i was shocked to see a tweet from my profile with some other name on it. "Mikeyy" to be specific. I also noticed that some settings on my profile had been modified.
Whoa!
I remembered reading about the StalkDaily XSS Worm attack on Saturday that caused victims' accounts to tweet favorably about the StalkDaily website.
So as always, i turned to ever-faithful Google.
Googling "Mikeyy worm" led me to a page in Mashable about the worm.

After carrying out the prescribed steps to get rid of the worm, i then looked into preventive measures.
It said "Disable javascript in your browser settings, or use a Firefox add-on like no-script, which stops unwanted scripts from running"

I had used No-Script, already in the past and chucked it because of it being irritatingly too strict. :D
I visited the add-ons page of Mozilla and searched for "no script".
One of the search results caught my eye - the "JavaScript Deobfuscator".
I wikied for "Obfuscation".
The wiki page on Obfuscation carried the phrase "Eschew Obfuscation, Espouse Elucidation", which is heterological/hypocritical, because the phrase literally means "avoid ambiguity, adopt clarity", which it doesnt follow by itself ...
I was amused by the phrase and thus my post title.

Thats all folks!!!

Now now ... Dont complain!
I already suggested that this post wouldnt be worth your time. :P

Sayanora!


1 comment:

jayashree swaminathan said...

no complaints...! atleast u posted "something" !!
:P

blog counters
Subscribe